Thursday, October 18, 2012

Magic Kale

Kale is magic. It's the one green leafy vegetable that my kids eat consistently. No joke. I'll scramble eggs and kale in the AM and Geronimo will pick all the kale out and leave the eggs. They also make fantastic chips. Mix them with a little olive oil and salt and bake them and they literally melt in your mouth. Isaac asks for kale chips all the time. A couple of months ago I did the whole 30 challenge with the other ladies at my crossfit gym. It's this no sugar, no processed foods diet thingy. Anywhoo i was craving spaghetti because spaghetti is one the greatest creations of all time. But you can't have noodles on the whole 30, so I put my spaghetti sauce on some sautéed kale. Sounds gross, tasted aweso. I still do it. I just drink a beer with I now. Take that whole 30. That diet took the fun out of food. It is good for you though. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment